Learning Design Workshop
The Learning Design Workshop by Prof. Dr. Gráinne Conole was held on August 3 2017 in MMU, Cyberjaya, as part of the 2-day i-TEACH Symposium.
This is an intensive design workshop to prepare courses for online and mobile environments. It is suggested that participants have a course in mind, for which to design and storyboard the teaching and learning, in this workshop. By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- conceptualise the learning design process from different perspectives
- apply a range of learning design resources, tools and methods to a learning intervention
- critique a range of pedagogical approaches and the role played by different technologies, in supporting these
- review and debate the theoretical underpinnings of learning design
- develop an innovative storyboard, learning activities and a structure for implementation. .
The day’s activities are part of the 7Cs of learning design framework, which consists of seven components:
- Conceptualise – which initiates the design process and consists of imagine, design and prepare
- Capture – which covers the ways in which search engines, OER repositories and social bookmarking can be used to find and collate relevant resources and activities
- Communicate – which covers how to moderate asynchronous and synchronous forums
- Collaborate – which considers how tools like wikis, voicethread, pirate pad can be used to foster collaboration and how to work in virtual teams.
- Consider a range of pedagogical approaches and the role played by different technologies in supporting these approaches
- Combine – analyse your activity profile and bring artefacts together into a storyboard of your course
- Consolidate – implement the course and develop an evaluation rubric